New Directions in Digital Art
Instructor: Anne-Marie Schleiner
ARTS 4176/5176, Spring 2006
Mon/Weds Office Hours: by appt.
N275 (Experimental Digital Arts Lab)
1. Which marxist values does debord agree with in the article? What is wrong with the "status quo"? Why is he critical of Americans?
2. Where does debord diverge from traditional marxism?
3. What component of dadism does debord want to include in "situationism"
4. How is situationist urbanism different for urban design or architecture?
5. What is his idea of the role of play and games?
6. Can you think of other examples that already exist or could be created of situationist games?